Friday, June 29, 2012

1st Harbour Run

For as long as I've start exercising regularly - running has always been my biggest fear.

My level of cardio is relatively poor because of the mild arrhythmia condition. I felt like my heart is about to burst everytime when i try to do "normal" running. A distance of 4-5K at a pace of 6-7 mins/km is enough to  wipe me out cold.


For 2 years in a row, i've made "stepping outta my comfort zone" my new year resolution, whilst I've made progress with the "trying new stuff", overcoming the fear of running has always been at the back of my mind which i'm very reluctant to tap on. 
After months and months of putting it off, I finally went for my first Harbour Run (and the fear of disappointing Sandy again!), and I am pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoy it!

I like it that people are not overly competitive, i like it that people are genuinely nice, i like it that they motivate each other, and i like it that they all cheer for everyone who passes the finish line.

Note - Meanrus from JRP is a runner too! Got busted for going  拍拖跑步 LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment