Monday, February 25, 2013

SCM 2013

The once a year Standard Chartered Marathon is over again!

I felt that the "running" atmosphere is so high this year because of all the devoted runner friends around. Everybody has worked so hard over the last 6 months (sometimes even a year!) to train for this! And it so happens that the annual Tokyo marathon is on the same day, so the spirit is even higher than normal.

As usual, i was shitting my pants because I enrolled into the half
marathon!!

Judging by my 初四's 4K performance & the UNICEF experience, the more reasons
i was shittin' my pants, but as it turns out, i've outdone myself! I gave myself 
2:30:00 to finish and turns out i only need 2:06:11!!

Good 1 - I managed to run the first 12-13K without stopping (except for a sip of water)
Good 2 - I was able to breath normally throughout the whole journey
Good 3 - No muscle fatigue at all (thank god for the 2XU tights!)

Though having said that, my kneecaps were absolutely taking a battering. Have to start
skip/hop/jog from 16K onwards, and i spent the rest of the day looking like a 100 year-old
grannie who have hip problem. I was slightly worry because my knees felt very wobbly.
I tried to sprint the last 100m but my legs just won't and can't do it...

Still, i'm proud of myself!! 

Thanks but no thanks - I'm not brave enough to do full marathon yet. The faces i saw 
at the junction of Marsh Road & Lockhart last sunday made me rethink like 10 times,
and the answer is still NO!!! lol

I aim to do a faster time at 10K & 21K next!






No comments:

Post a Comment