Thursday, October 18, 2012

Gratitude

You know how sometimes you'd sit and your mind starts to wonder off to the old days, your hay days in Uni, high school or even primary/kindergarten if you  remember(!)

There is one thing which my F. 3 head teacher told me and I still remember today. She said -

" If you're grateful for something or someone, say it out loud - who on earth could have guess that you appreciate them if you don't say it?!"

I 200% agree, sometimes we just aren't saying thankyou or actually showing appreciation enough (or rather saying thx TOO much to a point where it's not being taken seriously)

We take it for granted that our parents would always be forgiving, our partners will always be loving and our friends will always be loyal to us.

I want to tell T5 & any other friends who's reading my blog -

THANK YOU!!!! I'm grateful for the fact that you stayed in my life despite knowing all (or most) of my flaws! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. *wave* from chau of T5 :))
    People are just too shy to say, especially chinese people. And i believe "quota theory" that everyone has been assigned with quota on everything, like luck, friendship, love... everything. if you dont treasure what you've got right now, you will regret someday when the quota has all gone.
    Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! We sometimes take things for granted, especially for people who are close to us. It's easy to forget to show appreciation because "oh you know me, of course i appreciated it/you", but knowing who you are and hearing that "thankyou" or any other speech makes a lot of difference..

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I agree with you guys! Everyone likes to be appreciated even though we say we don't..

    But somehow it is alot easier putting in writing rather than saying out loud....

    ReplyDelete