Friday, October 19, 2012

Product Review 1


I've been watching a lot of make-up tutorial lately on youtube. It is amazing how make up really can change your appearance, IF you're doing it right.

Small eyes becomes BIG eyes
Inconsistent color tone becomes pinkish & glowing
Acne skin/porous type becomes smooth as a baby's ass

Anyway my point of this entry is to review some of the beauty products I bought and share with you whether they're useful or not. It is actually quite fun and exciting! (cos i get to buy n try new stuff *woohoo*!!)

A little less than a year ago, i couldn't care less going out with my uneven toned/yellow-ish make-up free face. There are 2 reasons that puts me off doing make-up.

First, I really don't like putting *things* on my face during the weekend when i'm being *carefree*. 

Second is that beauty products ain't cheap at all sista! Call me stingy but for a proper daily make up, you'll need -

1. Primer
2. Foundation
3. Brozner (well optional really, but i like the tanning feel to it)
4. Concealer (unless if your skin is flawless or almost flawless)
5. Blush & blush brush
6. Eye liner & eyeliner brush (no brush if u're using pencil or liquid, but i use gel)
7. Mascara & eyelash curler
8. A good quality make-up remover (for both face & eye)

But i guess anything pretty and nice comes with a price and as i see more holiday photos of myself and my *bare* face, I think it's time I kick up a notch and stop being laaazy, but how to do so without costing a fortune ? that's what i'd wanna achieve - Affordable beauty regime! 

Let's begin - 

I went to Sasa yesterday and bought the following -

1. Revlon Colorstay Longwear nail polish - Coastal Surf (a medium blue color) HK$60





Results -   

Review - I may not do a lot of make-ups but i do love nail polish. I've used a number of brands, and this is FANTASTIC!

As you can see, the color is very solid and i've only done one coating (I normally have to do 2 layers for other brands, even with O.P.I).

Verdict - Vibrant color, Very easy application ( I don't even have to use my nail corrector!), very spreadable yet solid, economical (most important!)


2. Maybelline - Mineral Pure Concealer (color: 02) HK$55















Results - Sorry, no pictures taken, was in a rush to work today (like everyday!), will probably do with some pictures to see the difference later. I've put this on my dark circles under eyes, over acne scars and spots.

Verdict - Concealer has been one of my must-have items in my purse. I give a 4.5 star for this. High coverage, not pasty and very light and easy to apply (no fuss). I am still waiting to see if it'll stay on for the rest of the day, but it is definitely a recommended economical concealer at the price of $55.

FYI: My skin type is between oily (in summer)& combination (in winter), and very blotchy at times when my face can't "breath"


3. Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable (color: 015 Cherish Devotion) - $98


 

Results - Sorri no pics!
Verdict: Crayon like lipstick/lip balm seems to be a heist lately, and i can see the point why women can go crazy, it's like drawing on your face! And even for me who almost never put on lipstick/lipgloss bought 2 (one from N7 and this one).

Pros: The line has a wide range of color collection,, very easy to store, great cute color

Cons: I find it kind of sticky and gluey, for a balm as they advertised it, it should be a bit more spreadable. So for $98 - i'd say try it out if you're curious, for a better result, apply a layer of traditional transparent lip balm first before putting this on.

*Phew* that's a long entry!! Took me quite a while!



1 comment:

  1. Ok, cricket sounds coming from me, Bryan and Chau...

    I think only keroro (the frog) can comment on this post...lol

    ReplyDelete